Is my student eligible to ride the bus? Find this information by going to www.jordandistrict.org select the "Parents and Students" tab, then "Boundaries and Bus Stops". Be sure to select the 2019-2020 school year. Bus stops will be updated in Skyward towards the end of July, first part of August.When is the first day of ...continue reading "Frequently Asked Registration Questions"
Visit our Registration page under Parents and Students on our website for information for registration for the coming year.
If you'd like to serve on the School Community Council or nominate someone, here is the form. Community Council Nomination 2019-20
Watch some of the cool math mosaics that our students made in math. Principal Bentley Our Mascott A Dog - Tankerbelle ??? President Lincoln Homer Simpson El Conquistador Bart Simpson
Job Shadow for 8th graders (current 7th graders) will be on Wednesday, November 20th, 2019. Spend some time this summer talking to your student about their interests and start brainstorming some possible options.
Frequently Asked Registration Questions
- Is my student eligible to ride the bus? Find this information by going to www.jordandistrict.org select the "Parents and Students" tab, then "Boundaries and Bus Stops". Be sure to select the 2019-2020 school year. Bus stops will be updated in Skyward towards the end of July, first part of August.
- When is the first day of school? 7th Graders will begin school on Monday, August 19. 8th and 9th Graders will begin school on Tuesday, August 20.
- When will my student's schedule be available? After registration is complete and registration fees have been paid. (The Registration window is open from Aug 5th - Aug 16th, 2019)
- When will my student receive a locker? Student lockers will be assigned in August. Once assigned, the student will be able to see their locker number and combination in Skyward. The student will need to login to Skyward with their student login.
- What are the dates for test out of reading and who can test out? If you are new to the school district, or feel that you have grown and improved as a reader since your last Reading Inventory which indicated your Lexile score, you will have the chance to test your reading proficiency before the school year begins. If you are hoping to test out of reading, this will be your only opportunity for Reading schedule changes until second semester. Come to Elk Ridge Middle School for an open house testing window on the following dates: Tuesday, Aug. 6th, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm or Wednesday, August 7, 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm.This test should take about 30-40 minutes. Please check in at the main office.
- What time does school start and end each day?
- Monday - Thursday - 7:50 am - 2:50 pm
- Friday (late start) - 9:50 am - 2:50 pm