The Fall Festival is Thursday, October 30 from 1:40 – 2:50. Our SBO’s and PTSA have planned a Fall Festival full of games, prizes, and music for the students. Students may wear costumes to school that day, but the costume must adhere to dress code standards – including headwear and props. Faces must be recognizable (a.k.a. no masks, veils or make-up so extreme that the student is not easily recognized). Hats may be worn if it is OBVIOUSLY part of the costume (e.g., baseball player, cowboy, chef, fire chief). ABSOLUTELY no facsimile of any weapon of any kind.
It’s here! The September 2014 Newsletter! Check it out!
Students! Do you have an amazing talent you want to share with ERMS? The student talent show is your big chance! Auditions are on December 10th and 11th–and although that is still a long ways away, it’s a good idea to start planning now so your number can be ready by then. We love to see lots of different types of acts–not just singers and dancers. Show us what we can do and start planning now!
Find full information about the musical on Mrs. Wallace’s website or on the Performing Arts bulletin board across from the main office.
Hey you guys; it’s Chalk Art Festival time again and the Fall Festival theme is:
“All Things Halloween”
Anyone in good standing at Elk Ridge can participate; even teachers!! Here’s how to get started:
- find a partner
- pick up an application in the art department
- come up with a design
- draw and color your design
- fill out your application
- turn in your application by 3 pm Monday, September 22 to Mrs. Bolduc
You may already have a commercial image in mind you want to draw. We will be offering labs or workshops during Wapiti time to show you how to modify commercial images to avoid copyright issues. Hard copy applications are now available in Mrs. Bolduc and Mrs. Gonzales’ rooms also check online apps on our school website! Good luck and ghoulish fun!!
Chalk Art Festival App 14-15
WAPITI WAY OF THE WEEK: Be Responsible—If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything.—Malcom X
- Memory Book Staff applications are available from Mr. Simpson in room 209. Anyone who is interested may apply. The first staff meeting for Memory Book will be tomorrow after school in Mr. Simpson’s room 209.
- Pick up a Chalk Art Festival application from the Art Department. They are due on Monday, September 22nd and this year’s theme is “All Things Halloween.”
- If you have applied for tech crew there is a mandatory meeting tomorrow morning BEFORE SCHOOL at 7:30 am in Mrs. Wallace’s room 103.
- Students, do you want to be a part of the MESA club? MESA stands for Math, Engineering and Science Achievement. If you like doing fun experiments, hanging out with friends, having fun, or if you are interested in a career in Math, Science or Engineering, then this organization is for you! We will have a different activity after school every month. You can go on field trips and even attend Physics Day at Lagoon at the end of the year! Please come to a quick informational meeting after school today in Mrs. Campos’ room 210.
Picture day is Wednesday, September 3rd. Make sure to look your best! If you did not get a picture day order form, please see your 7th period teacher or the Main Office. Below is a copy of what the order form looks like and also the packages offered–but please make sure to use a real form. Thanks!