Students it’s that time of year that you can make a difference. We are kicking off sub for Santa tomorrow, November 21. We will be collecting money donations for 6 children from the angel tree organization. Santa can’t be everywhere, so donate money to help these children receive Christmas.
We will also be working with Ms Mair’s class to help raise money for the Philippine typhoon relief through the American Red Cross. So remember to start bringing your extra money to donate to these two great causes. The SBO’s and ms Mair’s students will be collecting money donations before school and during lunches. Our goal is to reach $1500 dollars, at which time we will be awarded with a school dance! Open your heart and your wallet and give to those in need this season!
The Memory Book needs YOUR help! We are conducting a survey asking random questions that we can later put in the Memory Book. Please come and contribute and see your own words in black and white–for all your classmates to read! Follow this link to fill out the survey:
9th Grade Boys’ Basketball tryouts are this week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, November 19th - 21st from 3:00 to 5:00 pm in the gym.
9th Grade Girls’ Basketball tryouts are also this week on Tuesday, November 19th and then on Thursday and Friday, November 21st – 22nd from 3:00 to 5:00 pm in the gym. The girls do not have tryouts on Wednesday.
The memorial run to remember Randy Treglown is on Saturday, November 23rd starting at 9:00 a.m. Please see the link below for more information.
WAPITI WAY OF THE WEEK
Be There, Be Ready – There is an immeasurable distance between late and too late. –Og Mandino
- Musical auditions will be October 28th and 29th with callbacks on October 30th. Signups will be available in Mrs. Wallace’s room 103 until the end of the day Friday.
- The October 2013 Students of the Month are:
7th grade: Lauren Rios and Brody Guthrie
8th grade: Kaisia Abplanalp and Mats Mudrow
9th grade: Brandee Hick and Ethan Garff
Didn’t get a chance to see the chalk art drawings? Want to see them again? Wondering who won it? Come check it out on the Chalk Art page! Click here!
Ribbon Week A HUGE thanks to our PTSA for organizing a week of interactive and engaging activities to help our students commit to a drug-free, violence-free, and bully-free life! Here are the activities:
- Monday: “Remembering Kiki Camarena: the Story Behind the Symbol” & Door Decorating Planning
- Tuesday: “Hair’s” To a Drug Free Life! Wear your hair as crazy as you can; sign the banner at lunch.
- Wednesday: Wear Purple to Show You Are Violence Free! & “Ghost Out”! Every 30 minutes the Grim Reaper will pull a student from class and apply white face makeup to represent a person who has died from a drug or alcohol related accident. Decorate doors during DEAR. Judges will also determine “Door Decorating” winners.
- Thursday: Wear White to Show You Are Against Bullying! & Don’t Let It Be You! Be sure to check out the coffins on the way to lunch.
- Friday: Wear Red to Let Everyone Know You Have Made a Choice to be Drug Free! NetSmartz Assembly (1st & 2nd periods = 7th Grade; 4th & 5th periods = 8th Grade; 6th & 7th periods = 9th Grade)