Students it's that time of year that you can make a difference. We are kicking off sub for Santa tomorrow, November 21. We will be collecting money donations for 6 children from the angel tree organization. Santa can't be everywhere, so donate money to help these children receive Christmas.
We will also be working with Ms Mair's class to help raise money for the Philippine typhoon relief through the American Red Cross. So remember to start bringing your extra money to donate to these two great causes. The SBO's and ms Mair's students will be collecting money donations before school and during lunches. Our goal is to reach $1500 dollars, at which time we will be awarded with a school dance! Open your heart and your wallet and give to those in need this season!
Ribbon Week A HUGE thanks to our PTSA for organizing a week of interactive and engaging activities to help our students commit to a drug-free, violence-free, and bully-free life! Here are the activities:
- Monday: “Remembering Kiki Camarena: the Story Behind the Symbol” & Door Decorating Planning
- Tuesday: “Hair’s” To a Drug Free Life! Wear your hair as crazy as you can; sign the banner at lunch.
- Wednesday: Wear Purple to Show You Are Violence Free! & “Ghost Out”! Every 30 minutes the Grim Reaper will pull a student from class and apply white face makeup to represent a person who has died from a drug or alcohol related accident. Decorate doors during DEAR. Judges will also determine “Door Decorating” winners.
- Thursday: Wear White to Show You Are Against Bullying! & Don’t Let It Be You! Be sure to check out the coffins on the way to lunch.
- Friday: Wear Red to Let Everyone Know You Have Made a Choice to be Drug Free! NetSmartz Assembly (1st & 2nd periods = 7th Grade; 4th & 5th periods = 8th Grade; 6th & 7th periods = 9th Grade)
Dress up for Spirit Week! Remember--students who dress up can enter to win a drawing for fabulous prizes!
Friday - Pink and Purple Day
Monday - Lazy Day
Tuesday - Fancy Dress Day
Wednesday - Sports Day
School will begin on Monday, August 26th for all grades at 7:50 a.m. We are looking forward to a great new year together!
Don't forget! 7th grade orientation will be on Thursday, August 22nd. This is for all incoming 7th graders and will be a half day, beginning at 7:50 a.m. Students will go through their schedules, have a tour of the building, and learn about school rules and other important school procedures. See you there!