Didn't get a chance to see the chalk art drawings? Want to see them again? Wondering who won it? Come check it out on the Chalk Art page! Click here!
Ribbon Week A HUGE thanks to our PTSA for organizing a week of interactive and engaging activities to help our students commit to a drug-free, violence-free, and bully-free life! Here are the activities:
- Monday: “Remembering Kiki Camarena: the Story Behind the Symbol” & Door Decorating Planning
- Tuesday: “Hair’s” To a Drug Free Life! Wear your hair as crazy as you can; sign the banner at lunch.
- Wednesday: Wear Purple to Show You Are Violence Free! & “Ghost Out”! Every 30 minutes the Grim Reaper will pull a student from class and apply white face makeup to represent a person who has died from a drug or alcohol related accident. Decorate doors during DEAR. Judges will also determine “Door Decorating” winners.
- Thursday: Wear White to Show You Are Against Bullying! & Don’t Let It Be You! Be sure to check out the coffins on the way to lunch.
- Friday: Wear Red to Let Everyone Know You Have Made a Choice to be Drug Free! NetSmartz Assembly (1st & 2nd periods = 7th Grade; 4th & 5th periods = 8th Grade; 6th & 7th periods = 9th Grade)
Dress up for Spirit Week! Remember--students who dress up can enter to win a drawing for fabulous prizes!
Friday - Pink and Purple Day
Monday - Lazy Day
Tuesday - Fancy Dress Day
Wednesday - Sports Day
School will begin on Monday, August 26th for all grades at 7:50 a.m. We are looking forward to a great new year together!
Don't forget! 7th grade orientation will be on Thursday, August 22nd. This is for all incoming 7th graders and will be a half day, beginning at 7:50 a.m. Students will go through their schedules, have a tour of the building, and learn about school rules and other important school procedures. See you there!