Student registration takes place on Skyward via the parent login from August 5th - August 16th. Please call the main office if you need any assistance.
As soon as online registration is complete and registration fees have been paid, your student may use their student login to obtain their class schedule, locker number, and bus information.
More information on registration fees can be found on the district fee website.
On this page, you will find information about:
- Frequently Asked Registration Questions
- How to Test of out Reading Classes (7th & 8th Graders)
- Parent-Teacher-Student Association (PTSA) Membership
- 7th Grade Immunization Requirements
- Student Picture Packages
Frequently Asked Registration Questions
- Is my student eligible to ride the bus? Find this information by going to www.jordandistrict.org, select the "Parents and Students" tab, then "Boundaries and Bus Stops". Be sure to select the 2019-2020 school year. Bus stops will be updated in Skyward towards the end of July, first part of August.
- When is the first day of school? 7th Graders will begin school on Monday, August 19. 8th and 9th Graders will begin school on Tuesday, August 20.
- When will my student's schedule be available? After registration is complete and registration fees have been paid. (The Registration window is open from Aug 5th - Aug 16th, 2019)
- When will my student receive a locker? Student lockers will be assigned in August. Once assigned, the student will be able to see their locker number and combination in Skyward. The student will need to login to Skyward with their student login.
- What are the dates for test out of reading and who can test out? If you are new to the school district, or feel that you have grown and improved as a reader since your last Reading Inventory which indicated your Lexile score, you will have the chance to test your reading proficiency before the school year begins. If you are hoping to test out of reading, this will be your only opportunity for Reading schedule changes until second semester. Come to Elk Ridge Middle School for an open house testing window on the following dates: Tuesday, Aug. 6th, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm or Wednesday, August 7, 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm.This test should take about 30-40 minutes. Please check in at the main office.
- What time does school start and end each day?
- Monday - Thursday - 7:50 am - 2:50 pm
- Friday (late start) - 9:50 am - 2:50 pm
Testing Out of Reading Classes (7th & 8th Grades)
If you are new to the district, or feel that you have grown and improved as a reader since your last Reading Inventory indicating your Lexile score, you will have the chance to test your reading proficiency before the school year. If you are hoping to test out of reading, this will be your only opportunity for Reading schedule changes until second semester.
Come to Elk Ridge Middle School for an open house testing window on the following dates:
Tuesday, August 6, 9:00-12:00
Wednesday, August 7, 12:00-3:00
*This test should take about 30-40 minutes. Check in at the main office.
Parent-Teacher-Student Association Membership
Dear Elk Ridge Parents and Students,
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! We are very excited to support the future classes of 2023, 2024 and 2025 as they learn and grow at Elk Ridge. The Elk Ridge PTSA plays an integral role in assisting our children to successfully navigate their middle school years.
Many parents wonder, Why join PTSA at the middle school? What do they do? PTSA does PLENTY! Here are just some of the important contributions PTSA makes on behalf of our adolescents. As members, we...
- Sponsor Ribbon Week which promotes healthful physical and emotional behavior choices and personal self-worth.
- Sponsor PTSA Student Ambassadors which promotes leadership skills, teambuilding, and service opportunities for students.
- Sponsors Teacher Appreciation Week which provides teachers and staff with a special week of gratitude for all they do for our students.
- Sponsor Reflections which encourages students to delve into their creativity.
- Sponsor Memory Book which documents their school year in a memorable way.
- Supplement Career and College Preparation which gives 9th grade students an introduction to experiences.
- Provide meals for teachers at the beginning of the year and at each Parent-Teacher Conference.
- Provide Teacher Grants which helps teacher supplement instructional materials.
- Assist with hearing and vision screening, Student of the Month, and much more!
We encourage parents and students to join Elk Ridge PTSA. There are multiple ways to purchase a PTSA membership.
- Student Membership - $6
- Parent Membership - $6
- Combination Student/Memory Book - $30
All students involved in Memory Book and PTSA Ambassadors are required to purchase a Student Membership. We also ask parents for a “Pass the Hat” donation of $15 per student in lieu of holding a “fund-raiser”. You will be entered into a PTSA drawing if you join with the on-line registration before school starts. Every membership is a chance to win GREAT PRIZES! The winners will be contacted personally.
If you are willing to volunteer for any of these events or in a general capacity, please email us email@example.com.
Elk Ridge PTSA
7th Grade Immunization Requirements
The following vaccines are required for students entering seventh grade:
- 1 Tdap Booster
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 2 Varicella (Chickenpox) - A history of disease is acceptable, as long as parent signs a verification statement
- 1 Meningococcal
Tdap Vaccine Dosage Recommendations:
Adolescents 11-18 years of age who have not received the Tdap vaccine should receive a single dose of Tdap vaccine followed by Td booster doses every 10 years thereafter. Tdap vaccine can be given regardless of when the last tetanus- and diphtheria toxoid-containing vaccine was given. Unvaccinated teens or those behind schedule should receive three doses of Td with a one-time dose of Tdap substitued for one of the doses in the series.
For more information on immunization requirements, visit Immunize Utah.